Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Using BIAB in various time signatures 5/4, 12/8, 6/8, 9/8, 11/4 etc. PeterGannon 30 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
> Folks have indicated tempo changes are needed while others have said they are not! But no one could fully answer his question. Until now! No, it is trivial to line up 4/4 and 12/8. Tempo changes are not required. A tempo 80 piece in 4/4 will line perfectly with a tempo 80 piece in 12/8 (compound time signature) Blueberry Hill at a tempo of 80 is the same exactly whether it is 4/4 or 12/8. Bach;s Jesu Joy of man’s desiring is the same tempo in 3/4 of or 9/8. In fact I posted a score of it higher in this thread where both time signatures are used interchangeably.for different voices of the same chart, The people who say differently haven’t correctly set their DAW to 12/8 (compound time signature), and have mistakenly set it to two 8th notes per beat instead of 3. So they get a wacky tempo for the 12/8 because they aren’t in 12/8 triplet (compound). Dan. My advice to you, is to render the files to audio, then you can make sure they don’t get messed with when you drag them from program to program. You will find that 32 bars of 4/4 at tempo 60 is a wave file of 128 seconds. And 32 bars of 12/8 at same tempo of 60 is a WAV file of 128 seconds. And then you need to ask yourself if you’re going to be able to line up two WAV files , both of 128 seconds.
Replies 34 Views 482 Read More
Re: Does anyone have a MoultiPass 45 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 1 Views 6 Read More
Re: Band-in-a-Box Pro 2024 crash on startup MoultiPass 49 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originellement posté par AudioTrack
Originellement posté par MoultiPass
It's absolutely a minor problem. I don't even report it.
2024 Crash on Startup is a minor problem? How so?
How do you say more than minor?
Replies 50 Views 948 Read More
Re: Cave Man firesong 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dewey...That was rich!...very cool country style and the vocals were super (as usual)....but the hook is the prize here..."Don't Cave Man" now there's a paradoxical oxymoron if I've ever heard one...really cute song (though I will never play it for my wife to hear!)
Replies 1 Views 13 Read More
Re: My Soul's One Song firesong 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
First of all we love the name Fresh Fire for your new band. As others have pointed out your skill with the Synth vocalists has improved rapidly. The harmonies sound heartfelt and like family harmony. The pleasant harmony subtleties are noticeable and must have taken a lot of effort. This sounds lovely and the lyric message is conveyed joyously. Nice band and mix. Enjoyed it! J&B
Janice & Bud...thanks for your gracious comments...you guys always do such great production work on your songs and so I really appreciate your kind words...Dan
Replies 19 Views 363 Read More
Re: Please weigh in and cast your vote. **** POLL**** dpresley 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I would choose 2. I find new real tracks very desirable. Simple database search features for existing content is still weak although much better this year. I see less need for prepackaged styles. Give me more real tracks and the tools to find them!
Replies 36 Views 729 Read More
Re: Why Andrew Scheps Mixes on Cheap Headphones dcuny 3 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice, short video: Fab: Hi everyone. Welcome to Punkerpad UK with Andrew Scheps. Andrew: Hello. Fab: It is his Punkerpad. And today we're going to talk about mixing in headphones. I have a question for you, Andrew. Do you mix in headphones? Andrew: I do. Fab: Oh, all right. Andrew: Thanks for coming.
Replies 9 Views 249 Read More
Re: Audio Drums Wizard Rob Helms 4 hours ago Forum: PowerTracks Pro Audio Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Having a Ruff Day!
Replies 8 Views 608 Read More
Re: Breaking The Wall Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:25 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Awesome song and production. I love it!. Killer chorus. the vocaloid and harmony sound so good. The instrumentation you ended up using work---I can't imagine it being as effective with any other combo.
Replies 18 Views 359 Read More
Re: Many Roads Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:18 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I enjoy listening to you play. Dreamy background tracks--nice fit for both solo instruments.
Replies 14 Views 303 Read More
Re: Sultry Sway chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 10:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Howdy Bapu.... This is my kind of edge on this one....grabbed me right away. Good judgement using that opening rhythm riff. Lead vox performed well and Dave's work is stellar per usual. Very cool cut....I think this tops in your catalog. Well done!
Replies 12 Views 251 Read More
Everything To Wish For fgrittner Yesterday at 09:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Here is another moody song, with chorus harmony by Jan Hauenstein. https://fredgrittner.bandcamp.com/track/everything-to-wish-for Everything to Wish For I was taught To be judicious I got suspicious Went my own way If I were rich So ambitious That’s fictitious One more someday CHORUS Between twilight and midnight There’s a wide-open door With nothing left to say And everything to wish for Everything to wish for What’s gone down Has left me reeling A heartsick feeling A shocking day Don’t expect I’ll feel better If I let her Have her own way CHORUS I gave chase Tilting windmills Building molehills From tears and sand Can’t say why I’m optimistic Am I simplistic On where things stand CHORUS
Replies 0 Views 15 Read More
Re: The Wind Birchwood Yesterday at 08:45 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi David C, Bob, Dave and Mario, Thanks a lot of what you wrote about the song. This old song was actually a sad song. But because of the rhythm and the kind of singing it feels like a cheerful song. I know it was a sad song, because I made it. And it were no good times. So it's nice to read your comments pointing in another direction. It's alive then.
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Hans. Nice song! Upbeat and happy, and the flutes give it a very "folk" feel. I'll be "that guy" and mention that the line should be "Come what may" (singular), but it's not a big deal. wink Nice video, too!
David, I thought you were wrong on that point, but you're not. I was convinced that these types of statements are in the third person. Even ChatGPT, which I use to check errors, confirmed this. But I checked again elsewhere and it was as you said. I can't change it because then I have to make a new copy of it on YT. That will be confusing. Did that once. And about the 'folk' feeling. Read my first lines in this post. But the guitars give that feeling, that's true. Thanks!
Originally Posted by rsdean
Hans, Great, great song. Your voice is strong here and the arrangement is excellent. Love the mix as well. Bob
Bob, thanks for your nice comment!
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Nice song, Hans! Impressive that you wrote this so long ago. Excellent vocal as always, good sounding track and Marty always adds his special touch.
Dave, I always liked this song. And regularly -old- friends asked about 'The Wind'. So it always was somewhere in the back of my head. And then I let Marty listen to a concept. He immediately asked if he could play the bass part. Who can refuse such an offer. And there was 'The Wind' again... Thanks
Originally Posted by MarioD
Hans, this is a great song in fact I think it is your best thus far. Nice groove and the perfect backing tracks. Outstanding vocal. Super mix.
Mario, that is a huge compliment! I have some reservations about your characterization of it. Calling this old song my best thus far...? But anyway, thanks a lot for that! Have a nice day, Hans
Replies 10 Views 123 Read More
Re: Zuzu Two Too Birchwood Yesterday at 08:18 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Chay, I hesitate a little, haven't I heard this song before? I think so, because I recognized the excited harmonica and the video. On the other had, you wrote here you changed some things. Like that solo guitar? It sounds wonderful! But I have a littlebit a deja vu But enjoyed this song and video, like I did with the previous version as well. Hans
Replies 3 Views 34 Read More
Re: I'll Keep Holding On Birchwood Yesterday at 08:05 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Deej and Ray, I'm glad you are back Deej. And with a wonderful song too. Great! I like your voice a lot in this, almost epic song. Strong, but sensitive. Very nice. And Ray, you did outstanding on that bass. I forgot you play that too. Love it! I enjoyed everything in it. And that is a fact; This kind of music makes me melt... Hans
Replies 16 Views 394 Read More
Re: NO REVOLUTION Birchwood Yesterday at 07:50 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Bob, I'm realy impressed! Because of the melody, Because of the band (esp. Piano and organ) Because of your lyrics And the vocals, and the humming And the mood it brings me in... (that is because I like this kind of songs) So, you did very well!!! Hans
Replies 35 Views 702 Read More
Re: Has the conductor EVER worked? DrDan Yesterday at 07:32 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Love the title of this 10 year old thread! It speaks directly to the complexity of BIAB. Not every feature works for every workflow, but there is a workflow for every feature.
Replies 13 Views 4,436 Read More
Re: Compagna solitudine - canzone originale italiana by Francescotuba Francesco Nespoli Yesterday at 07:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Grazie mille per il prezioso consiglio, vedrò di lavorarci su. Saluti da Atri (Te) - Abruzzo - Italia
Replies 2 Views 23 Read More
Re: Do songwriters have a future? B.D.Thomas Yesterday at 07:27 PM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by David Snyder
[...] On the bright side, for people who want to create their own music, and that's really all there is for Independent artists, the amount of technology to produce your own music is absolutely phenomenal. Mind boggling. [...] Music today is really what you want to create. You can literally do whatever you want and put it out there and if people like it they'll listen to it. This is a great time in history just to focus on producing the greatest music that you possibly can and stop worrying about all of the negative stuff. It will all take care of itself. Just focus on your tunes, that's what I say.
That's the first time that I think that this forum needs a 'Like' button!
Replies 10 Views 395 Read More
Re: [*****] or Get Off the Pot Birchwood Yesterday at 07:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello Bob and Joan, You really know how to make the 40's come alive! My father would have loved hearing it. He always played this style. Joan has a fantastic voice. A bit sharp, but pleasant. I enjoyed it very much. The man on that pot certainly knew what to do. Otherwise he would be in big trouble... And you also showed me that BiaB has more possibilities than I knew. Nice work! Hans
Replies 15 Views 348 Read More
Re: The Ballad of the Single Cat Birchwood Yesterday at 07:00 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi James, Like Dave I expected you did the singing (and perform as the arrogant, sophisticated cat with the white tail). Now I had to imagine how it walks over fences and other obsticals to enter that forbidden place... Well, as a cat lover I can easily imagine that cat doing that. My cats do it all the time. You made an interesting Blues, with that resonator. I never expected you making these kind of songs. Including the humor of the story. It's easier imagine cats walking around than that. Very well done! But I want your vocals back too... Hans
Replies 23 Views 454 Read More
Conductor (Live Arranger) musocity Yesterday at 06:56 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's never worked for me. It should work like Reaper's smooth seek, this will transition smoothly from one bar to another. Biab has midi chord input detection (Window > MIDI Chord Detection), if Biab could smooth seek it could be used as a live arranger right NOW, simply by going to that same chord region in the chord sheet that is inputted with a midi keyboard, let alone conductor working properly. To do any of this now you are best to use the BBPlugin in Reaper as you can use midi input/foot pedal to go to any section. How Reaper works now with Instructions in the Plugin makes it even easier as it will play the wma/wav source files directly and transition smoothly from any bar to any bar. You can even have more than one Plugin to give you a lot more playing material and chords that you are normally limited to 255 bars in the main Biab app, having Tabs in Reaper you can have as many songs as you like that you can instantly change to. Reaper-BB-Tracks-Arranger.mp4
Replies 0 Views 22 Read More
Re: The Outskirts Of Fun (with floyd and PeterF) chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 05:32 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Howdy J&B....and collaborators. I dig this. Cool title and topic. Great lead vox & BGV per usual along with Peters' axe work. (I wanna learn to sing someday :)) Very well done!
Replies 30 Views 515 Read More
Re: Victory For Viktor chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 05:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
Background Some may remember my last docu-song Bletchley Park, this one is a continuation of that WW2 theme and is dedicated to Viktor E. Frankl and all the survivors and non-survivors of the Holocaust. Viktor, like so many German and East European Jews found himself entrapped in the Nazi network of concentration and extermination camps, but amazingly he survived and wrote an epic account of some of his experiences in the camps and the meaning behind survival. He called his book Man’s Search For Meaning.
Howdy BT.... That is quite a profound account by Viktor. You've put together a very somber, pensive composition here and it fits the song image perfectly. Tough subject to take on as it wreaks with such deep emotion. War is truly a hellish experience of the human condition but the holocaust is on a level all it's own. Heartbreaking is an understatement and words just seem inadequate to describe the horrors Well done!
Replies 33 Views 714 Read More
Re: AND WHEN SHE LOVES ME_David Snyder David Snyder Yesterday at 02:54 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey Peter, thanks! I am really glad you liked it!
Replies 19 Views 398 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,755
Posts737,070
Members38,571
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
BrianArmstrongAUS, Cheuan, trombonedad, Vincent Kirk, Rupert Rowen
38,571 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184