PG Music Home
When I render a song to upload to my Youtube.com studio, it turns out to be an AVI file. I have asked ChatPG and Copilot (AI on MS Edge browser) how to do this. Both give answers but none actually tells how, or if, it can be done. Here is an example from ChatPG:

To render your file for uploading to YouTube as a WAV or MP3 file, you can follow these steps:

1. Press the [Save As] button and choose "Save as Video" from the pulldown menu. (Chapter 6: Making Songs)

2. At the top left corner, choose the item (Chord Sheet or Notation track) to include in the video.

3. Enable "Custom dimensions" if you want to choose the width and height of the video. If this is disabled, the video dimensions will match the Chord Sheet as it appears.

4. Select a specific Codec to encode the video. If "Auto" is selected, Band-in-a-Box will choose a compatible codec.

5. If "Include Title" is enabled, the video of the Chord Sheet will have a black bar at the top containing the title shown below.

6. Click on the [OK - Render Video] button to start rendering the video. The video will continue to render unless you press the [Cancel Rendering] button. When the rendering is done, a message will show and you will be able to press the [Upload to YouTube] or [Show Video File].

By following these steps, you can render your file for uploading to YouTube as a WAV or MP3 file.

Maybe I don't need anything other than AVI. Does anybody have an opinion on this?

One of the AI's told me to convert the AVI to whatever I wanted. Am I good on Youtube.com studio with AVI?

Natchztoo
Jerry Krouse
1. Select the "Save As" tool icon.
2. Select the "Save As Video (To Upload To YouTube, etc.)

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Jim,

Thank you for jumping in. I thought nobody would offer any help.

What you recommend is exactly the way I render songs and upload them to Youtube.com. There is no mechanism on that page that allows for the selection of a different file ending - WAV, MP3, etc. I seem to be stuck with AVI, and I don't even know if that is bad or not.

ChatPG and nobody on here seems to have a way to do it. Thank you for dropping in.

Natcheztoo
Jerry Krouse
YouTube is a visual or video medium so it only accepts visual (video) files. AVI is one visual file format and seems to be the video file format of choice for Band-in-a-Box. As far as I know AVI is the only visual file format Band-in-a-Box exports. MP3 and WAV are audio file formats so I suspect YouTube will reject them if you try to upload an audio file.

Is there a reason you want to use a video file format other than AVI? There are utility programs that can convert between video formats. +++ HERE +++ is a link to a recent article discussing video convertor utility programs.
Jim,

Thanks for your last. Because of it, I am now going to mark this post as "RESOLVED."

i did not know that AVI was the only available file that BIAB used and that it is probably the best. I also didn't know that Youtube.com/studio would probably reject the other formats. I am very poor with all the technical things it takes to use BIAB properly and well.

I appreciate the input.

Regards,

Jerry Krouse
Natcheztoo
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it.

I'm glad your questions were answered to your satisfaction.
© PG Music Forums