PG Music Home
Posted By: stratos Reinstall BB and RB ? [Resolved] - 03/20/24 12:26 PM
I have problem with VST DX64 in RB . I´ve tried everything.
If I reinstall the BB+RB , will it overwrite the programs ?
I hope it could solve some issues.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Reinstall BB and RB ? - 03/20/24 01:29 PM
Reinstalling over the top of the existing programs will certainly replace any faulty files or settings. That's the normal method to upgrade versions with both BIAB and RB.
Posted By: stratos Re: Reinstall BB and RB ? - 03/20/24 09:47 PM
Thanks. I´ll give it a try
Posted By: stratos Re: Reinstall BB and RB ? - 03/21/24 05:40 PM
Sorry. Didn´t help.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Reinstall BB and RB ? - 03/21/24 06:22 PM
Hi Stratos,

Tagging onto Audiotrack's post... After reinstalling, it's also necessary to update both programs to the latest builds. Those updates can be obtained from the website below.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

Simply download the update and then double-click on it it to run it. When you get to the part where the paths for both programs and for Realtracks and Realdrums appear, check that these paths are correct.The latest build for BIAB is #1109 and for Realband it's #build 3.

After installing the latest updates, BIAB's Stylepicker will need to be "Rebuilt". When you first start BIAB after updating, and option to "Rebuild" will appear. It is necessary to run this. If the option doesn't appear, simply enter Stylepicker and select the "Rebuild" button in the upper section of the screen. You'll then see options for a "fast rebuild" or a "slow rebuild". If you haven't added any third party styles, or created your own styles, "fast rebuild" will do the job.

Regards,
--Noel
Posted By: stratos Re: Reinstall BB and RB ? - 03/22/24 12:48 PM
Hi Noel
Thanks for the very fine input.
Yesterday before I read your post, I went to Microsoft web page and downloaded" DXwebsetup".
I then tried to put the DXplug64. exe into the RB library and renamed the oldest so they couldnt get called.
At first it didnt help, but after lot of reload of BB and RB it suddenly worked again.
I felt I had just solved it by doing things I dont even where aware of.
© PG Music Forums