PG Music Home
Posted By: thomasc Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 04/30/24 06:05 PM
Copy/paste of a selection/snippet within an audio file doesn't provide any expected results, i.e. unusable at the moment ...
Or can anybody verify that it's actually is working fine?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 04/30/24 10:39 PM
Hi Thomas.

I just tried it and it worked okay for me. I copied a section of audio track and pasted it into another location on the same audio track. Is this what you tried? I have BIAB 2024 (1111).

--Noel

★ my latest song: Till The End Of Time
Posted By: thomasc Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 04/30/24 11:44 PM
Many thanks for testing Noel.

I'm on the same version but I get more than asked for when pasting, it's as if the clipboard has more than i've selected and it will just make a mess of the audio track.
E.g. sometimes a number of bars are added to end of the song.
Same result on two machines Win 10 and Win11, don't know what to make of it ....
Doesn't matter if I use any of the different paste options.

Is it a resolution issue, i.e. does it have to be a complete bar?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 05/01/24 03:39 AM
Hi again.

I've tried full bars and parts of bars, CTRL+C and CTRL+V (and the right-click copy/paste popup menu), with snap on and off and it has all worked fine for me.

Have you tried re-setting BIAB to factory settings? (The MOST option is the one I always start with.) This might cure the problem.

--Noel

★ my latest song: Till The End Of Time
Posted By: thomasc Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 05/01/24 11:15 AM
Hi Noel

New day, new efforts ...

Yes, RTFS tried but makes no difference.

New finding: it seems to be working fairly well with a real track audio, e.g. Bass. Copy/paste seemed ok, however paste insert did not seem ok.
I did initially not clearly point out the fact that the problem I had was with recorded/imported audio, i.e. the "Audio"-track in the mixer.
If you could please check this it would be appreciated.

regards
Thomas
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 05/01/24 12:43 PM
I'm also on version 1111.

Copy/paste of pre-recorded audio is not working correctly for me.

To test - I isolated a section of the audio file so the copy selection pasted could be clearly seen. I selected and copied Bar 7. Bar 7 was pasted into the deleted section Bar 3 and 4. There was a dramatic change to the WAV form. So I pasted the copy selection onto a blank Utility Track and the results aren't correct.
The attached screen shots show the isolated selection in the first image and the pasted results at Bar 3 on the Audio Track in the second image. The third image displays what actually pasted at bar 3 on the Audio Track even though only Bar 7 was highlighted, copied and pasted.

Attached picture Copy selection Bar 7.jpg
Attached picture Bar 3 and 4 deleted so the bar 7 paste is displayed.jpg
Attached picture Paste result on the Audio Track.jpg
Attached picture Paste result on Utility Track.jpg
Posted By: thomasc Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 05/01/24 06:38 PM
Fine, I think it's confirmed that copy/paste on recorded audio on e.g. the Audio-track is not working as could be expected.

Don't know if it's always been like this or if it's a result of other "upgrades" introducing new bugs ...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 05/02/24 12:31 AM
Ahh... I was testing a Realtrack bass. It's good to see that Charlie has jumped in an confirmed that there is a problem. (He's the Audio Edit expert!)
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 05/02/24 12:58 PM
Since the audio editing in BiaB is based currently on the RT/RD architecture i suppose it could be a problem not solved or even looked at. I suggest moving over to RealBand or another DAW to do detailed audio editing they work there as expected for now at least. I prefer RB for these things since the files are easily transferred.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 05/02/24 02:10 PM
At any rate, it's now been reported to the developers, and appears that some attention is required to resolve the issue.
Posted By: thomasc Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? - 05/06/24 12:28 PM
@Rob Helms
Thanks for your comment.
This is the "All tracks are equal statement" from PG.
All the 24 tracks (8 main tracks and 16 Utility tracks) have same capabilities. You can generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI SuperTracks, Loops, etc. on any track. Styles can be made using up to 24 tracks. You can edit audio on any track, not just the Audio and Utility tracks.

@ AudioTrack
Thanks for your action.
I'd hoped for a comment from PG but let's hope that it will be sorted
© PG Music Forums