PG Music Home
Posted By: Greg M Start Up Preferences - 05/01/24 11:07 PM
(I hope this is the correct forum.) I have an older version of B-I-A-B (2013)
I just use it for practicing over changes etc. So I don't really need a newer version.
My question is this: Can I get B-I-A-B to NOT automatically start playing a saved song when I open the file? Many times when I am learning a new tune, I want to be able to play at a slower speed, not the speed I have as a goal. I save the file with the goal speed so I don't forget it, but it gets annoying to have B-I-A-B take up time loading in the song & begin to play up to tempo - at which point I have to stop playback & then change the tempo. Maybe a newer version has added this feature?
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Start Up Preferences - 05/03/24 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by Greg M
(I hope this is the correct forum.) I have an older version of B-I-A-B (2013)
I just use it for practicing over changes etc. So I don't really need a newer version.
My question is this: Can I get B-I-A-B to NOT automatically start playing a saved song when I open the file? Many times when I am learning a new tune, I want to be able to play at a slower speed, not the speed I have as a goal. I save the file with the goal speed so I don't forget it, but it gets annoying to have B-I-A-B take up time loading in the song & begin to play up to tempo - at which point I have to stop playback & then change the tempo. Maybe a newer version has added this feature?

What is your operating system?
Posted By: Greg M Re: Start Up Preferences - 05/09/24 08:33 PM
Mac OS 10.5.8 Leopard
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Start Up Preferences - 05/14/24 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Greg M
Mac OS 10.5.8 Leopard

Ok, long time ago... Interestingly, though I knew about this feature, mine do not play automatically.

Although I was not using BIAB back then, I did a little searching and found this post from 2018

In the song picker window it's a check box at the bottom,

In the 2023 version, it has a couple of steps. You open the Action menu from the lower right corner of the Song Picker and, from there I see a check box for Play when Open. Hopefully, between this and the above, you'll find it.

Attached picture Play when chosen.png
Attached picture Action menu.png
© PG Music Forums