PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Can't install Forte DXI - 08/13/22 03:11 PM
Hi, I've been trying to install the Old forte dxi which to me sounds better than the wt one but it says that forte is excluded in my list somewhere. I can't find where to not to exclude forte. Please help

thanks

Mike B.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't install Forte DXI - 08/13/22 03:16 PM
Coyote Forte is not compatibel with 64Bit adn the Forte Dxi isn't worth installing. But that is just my opinion.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Can't install Forte DXI - 08/13/22 07:34 PM
As mentioned, the issue is with the 64 bit setup. The company (Coyote Electronics?) made a mention some years ago that they would possibly look at a 64 bit version, but to the best of my knowledge it never eventuated. I think it hasn't been updated since around 2007.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Can't install Forte DXI - 08/14/22 01:02 PM
Thank you guys, there were some sounds that I liked, but anyway, it is what it is.

Cheers
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Can't install Forte DXI - 08/14/22 01:34 PM
FWIW, I did a search "DXi hosts", thinking there may be a VST-Host-like application out there.
I had a few hits that looked promising, though whether the answers will work for you, obviously I couldn't say.

This page: How to Use DX Plug-Ins with VST-only DAWs was one such hit.

As an alternative, there are the various soundfonts out there for VSTs like the VSTSynthFont64 that comes bundled, but not installed, with BIAB. The manual gives how to install/use it.

Gordon.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't install Forte DXI - 08/14/22 01:48 PM
Some years ago one of our formum members made a fully compatible Coyote Forte GM.sf2 file which works in BIAB 64bit with VSTSynthFont64. All the original sounds we loved and lost. PM me and I may be able to set you up.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: jford Re: Can't install Forte DXI - 08/18/22 06:33 PM
For the record, Forte DXi works fine in Windows 64-bit, but only in conjunction with 32-bit hosts. It won't work in a 64-bit host (such as 64-bit BIAB or 64-bit RealBand), but it plays fine in the 32-bit BIAB (included with BIAB 2022) and other 32-bit hosts.

If it wouldn't install properly, it could be your anti-virus blocking it, or something similar. Of course to use it, you would need to enter your Coyote ForteDXi serial number (and to do that, you have to make sure you run BIAB 32-bit "as administrator").

Attached picture Forte DXi.jpg
Posted By: musiclover Re: Can't install Forte DXI - 08/19/22 07:09 AM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Some years ago one of our formum members made a fully compatible Coyote Forte GM.sf2 file which works in BIAB 64bit with VSTSynthFont64. All the original sounds we loved and lost. PM me and I may be able to set you up.

Dan have you a link to a download for the .sf2?

I do use Halion Sonic as default synth and haven't loaded the VSTSynthFont in a long time, but would have a go if I had that .sf2.

Thanks.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't install Forte DXI - 08/19/22 03:51 PM
see pm
© PG Music Forums