Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Off-Topic
P
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
P

Lenovo YOGA 900 Window s 10 Home 64bit 16GB RAM\2018 13” MacBook Air casio wk7500 presonus audiobox i2 usb interface
casio wk-7500
biab & realband 2023 everything pk both with Current builds
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Jianpu is a numbered musical notation system widely used in Chinese music publications.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is a game changer! Band-in-a-Box is bad at generating professional guitar solos, while Guitar Pro is a savior to fill the gap. Jianpu makes guitar notation a lot faster!

A Canadian music producer, singer songwriter, composer, and professional guitarist.
Off-Topic
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain
Band-in-a-Box is bad at generating professional guitar solos

I disagree! I have gotten many excellent guitar solos from BIAB.

But I am very curious about this tool.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"Band-in-a-Box is bad at generating professional guitar solos"

really? Even with partial regen?
Sounds pretty "professional" to me. By that I mean HUMAN professional, the way I like most of music I am listening to. I am not a fan of surgical perfectionism. Perhaps I am a minority.

P.S. But I am very curious how the guitar-pro software can translate styles like Ska/Reggae and Punk. How "mechanical" or "human" these will sound.... Most of VST guitar strum engines suck badly at those genres. Rare exception is NI guitar series, but they are "sampled" so flexible only to a certain degree.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain
Band-in-a-Box is bad at generating professional guitar solos

But I am very curious about this tool.

I suspect MusicVillain is referring to Notation which is where Guitar Pro excels.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:
I suspect MusicVillain is referring to Notation which is where Guitar Pro excels.

Nope. I'm not talking about notation, I'm talking about the quality of a generated guitar solo.

Band-in-a-Box randomly pieces together a Brent Mason solo based on chords, ruined the musicality, the octaves doesn't even match, boy, feels like Brent is drunk while playing.

You can sit there for an hour to partial regen, the result is still not guranteed. Try it yourself.

A Canadian music producer, singer songwriter, composer, and professional guitarist.
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:

Proove to me I'm wrong.

Create a typical 16 bars electric guitar solo, bpm at 65, key at C major, feel is even, chord progrssion is C-Em-F-Fm, easy eh? Partial regen however you want, but no use of playable real tracks, finish within an hour, and send me the mixed mp3 link.

You can even create multiple versions if successful, and send me the links of all these mp3 fils.

Seriously. I want to listen.

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:
really? Even with partial regen

I'm not talking about humanization here. RealTracks are already humanized. I'm talking about musicality and quality.

Why don't you give yourself less than an hour, generate an easy 16 bar solo, and send me the mixed MP3?

Go with key of C, 65 bpm, even feel, use a typical pop melodic chord progression:

F-G-Em-Am-Dm-G-C-C7
F-G-Em-Am-Dm-G-C-C

Whatever RealTrack you choose, partial regen however you want, get it done in an hour or less.

If you can get a decent enough electric guitar solo in your mp3, then you can forget about Guitar Pro and string note input all the nonsense.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
MusicVillain,
I will save myself that hour. BIAB works for me and so far I am happy with quality of solos. If I want something very (very!) particular, I would kindly ask someone forum for collaboration or even Fiverr.
Can BIAB be better? Sure! But I rather see improvements in other areas.

P.S. As I mentioned, personally I would be interested in very particular genres that are poorly represented in BIAB. I will check out Guitar Pro if it can properly assemble these grooves and if it can be integrated in my workflow.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Online Happy
Veteran
I do like some of the soloes that Biab creates, I suppose for a lot of people it depends on the circles that you mix in, and whether or not you can call on a lot of guitarists that will play a good solo for your song.

For a lot of us we don't have that privilege.

Eg, I quite liked the Guitar solo in this little song of mine at two minutes in at 2.0, done without any great deal of editing.

I wish my singing was as good as the solo, but unfortunately its not.

I Just Wonder.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:
Eg, I quite liked the Guitar solo in this little song of mine at two minutes in at 2.0, done without any great deal of editing.

Well, I listened to the solo part several times, and surprisingly, it sounds fit.

However, there are obvious reasons. First, it's fairly high bpm song, meaning bars are short, the solo can fit easily with just a few notes. Second, it is a happy and simple song, the solo part have only three major chords: I, IV, and V, that's why there are not many sour notes in the generated solo.

But if you listen carefully, the solo has some obvious timing issues, it doesn't end in time before the next bar, and the next part starts almost in the middle of the new bar.

For slightly more complex and emotional songs, say, you have minor chords in your solo part, such as vi, ii or iii, or if chords change every half bar, things will get ugly and unrepairable.

Compare to BiaB, Guitar Pro is a very cumbersome and time consuming software to work with.

But if you want radio ready guitar solos, Guitar Pro is the only option.

Guess that's life, no pain, no gain.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Editing the RealTrack solos in Reaper with injector give more control.
I was using guitar pro files with Ample Guitars as I can drag the GP midi from Ample directly into RapidComposer keeping the keyswitch articulation notes in the phrases, this allows the phrase to be refitted anywhere keeping all the Ample instrument keyswitches locked to those notes but allow the other notes to refit.
Biab chords can be imported into RapidCompser, you can use RapidComposer as a standalone or a VSTi in Biab.

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:
I was using guitar pro files with Ample Guitars as I can drag the GP midi from Ample directly into RapidComposer...

I have tested this, and feel very disappointed.

There are two ways of using Ample guitar: Directly play gpx in the tab player, or drag and convert the gpx to MIDI with key switches.

The problem is, Ample guitar plays too perfectly, and doesn't even sound like a real guitar. The built-in humanization feature doesn't help either.

In order to get a good enough result, you need to go and humanize gpx/midi yourself, doing things such as adding 1/16th rests between notes, changing to different volocites, manually adding new articulations, etc.

It won't be an easy path.

Regarding to RapidComposer, I think it's garbage. The software seems to be extremely convoluted, and after watching many YouTube videos, it seems to be a software only generates simple yet poor midi results, all sound like crap.

In other words, its composing sucks so bad.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
RapidCompser now saves any controllers in the phrases.
You can use other virtual instruments if you don't like Ample but you will need to convert the keyswitches if you are using GP files.
The main thing you can save it all in a phrase that will fit over any chord progression/scale. If you have midi you have made up import it into RC then convert to relative form and save it as a phrase with any controllers.
What are you using now to play GP files RSE or another virtual instrument ?
There is also Notion/Progression that will import GP and work as a ReWire slave in Biab.
If you have issues with RapidComposer go to their open Beta Development forum and type them out and suggest ideas, improvements or features you have as they are usually implemented very quick and you don't have to wait years.

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: musocity
RapidCompser now saves any controllers in the phrases.
You can use other virtual instruments if you don't like Ample but you will need to convert the keyswitches if you are using GP files.
The main thing you can save it all in a phrase that will fit over any chord progression/scale. If you have midi you have made up import it into RC then convert to relative form and save it as a phrase with any controllers.
What are you using now to play GP files RSE or another virtual instrument ?
There is also Notion/Progression that will import GP and work as a ReWire slave in Biab.
If you have issues with RapidComposer go to their open Beta Development forum and type them out and suggest ideas, improvements or features you have as they are usually implemented very quick and you don't have to wait years.

I'm not going to drop 199 € on RapidComposer, so I'll wait for another 40% sale.

FYI, 41 Fingers YT channel has a bunch of excellent RapidComposer videos. He's also posted some with it paired up with Scaler. Recommended.

41 Fingers YouTube channel

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks I'll check that out. Yes wait for the regular sales they have.
I made some finger picking UseTracks using RC with a Kontakt instrument with keyswitches and they turned out pretty good.
They even have some shots n holds with them, I made these way back under solidrock and we are still waiting for UserTrack holds to be implemented going on 10 years frown

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573244
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=296629
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=319945
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=321240
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=289320

Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: musocity
Thanks I'll check that out. Yes wait for the regular sales they have.
I made some finger picking UseTracks using RC with a Kontakt instrument with keyswitches and they turned out pretty good.
They even have some shots n holds with them, I made these way back under solidrock and we are still waiting for UserTrack holds to be implemented going on 10 years frown

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573244
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=296629
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=319945
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=321240
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=289320

That's some fine tunage there, muso. Props.

MusicDevelopments doesn't appear to have a mail list or newsletter. Is there a better (automatic) way to know that they've got a sale going, other than checking their website at least once/week?

Also, I just noticed that their website has some of 41 Fingers' videos linked under their Support option, but I still suggest using his YT channel. He's got a ton of useful videos. That said, the ones linked on their website are good for getting up to speed and productive with RapidComposer.

Last edited by TheMaartian; 08/17/23 01:45 AM.

ThinkPad i9 32GB RAM 7TB SSD; Win11 Pro; PreSonus Studio 1810c; BiaB 2024 Ultra
Studio One 6 Pro; MuseScore 4; Melodyne 5 Studio; Acoustica Premium 7; Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 5; NI S61 MK3; Focal Shape 65; Beyerdynamic DT 880 & 770
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice
Quote:
FYI, 41 Fingers YT channel has a bunch of excellent RapidComposer videos. He's also posted some with it paired up with Scaler. Recommended.

41 Fingers is the very reason people don't get to purchase RapidComposer.

The guy talks and talks non-stop for half an hour, then when you skip to the end of his video, he deliver a trash result, sounds like kindergarden composing, which he calls beautiful.

RapidComposer is trying to fool people with complicated interface and hundreds of features, hoping people would spend money buying it. What people don't know, is that regardless what they do with the software, the end result is always pure garbage.

Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
They even have some shots n holds with them, I made these way back under solidrock and we are still waiting for UserTrack holds to be implemented going on 10 years...

Just being curious, why did you run three separate accounts as Pipeline, SolidRocks, and Musocity? Was it because your previous user names were banned by the forum moderator?

Anyway, the demos you shared were just some simple chord tones generated by RC, which is useless. BiaB can easily do the same thing.

Would be great, if you could share some demos of monophonic composing generated by RC.

For example, if I give you this 16 bar chord progression:

F-G-Em-Am-Dm-G-C-C7
F-G-Em-Am-Dm-G-C-C

Can you let RapidComposer make a MIDI of a vocal type melody, so it can be used for composing the actual vocal part of the song?

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,912
Posts738,768
Members38,615
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jim Gear, gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic
38,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 155