User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You guys are quite a team.
Love that country swing.
Great job.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Really great production all around. Love the ensemble players. All of you sound so good together and the mix is excellent.

This kinda reminds me of the stuff they used to play on Prairie Home Companion. Very pro!!

Loved it y'all.

Thanks a bunch David! Cool and humbled to remind you of that show … we were frequent listeners of it.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bud, Janice, Peter and Floyd,

A lovely song, and how nice to hear Janice and Floyd both singing in it!
Their voices sound very, very good together.
And together with that lovely song, it's really swings.
Peter and his guitar surely helps letting it does. Good work!

But the lyrics... man, what a mean sister and lousy men you had to face, Janice!
Story of your live (in songs). And now living in the outskirts of... fun?
No, love it a lot!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You guys are super superb, and I am ever grateful. I wasn't here then, and much enjoy this remake. Man, Janice is one of my favorite Blues singers. I don't care about acents; it's all about the feel and she puts that in every song she sings. You four inject an abundance of feel and professional talent. This song has it all. You are never on the outskirts; you're full on fun.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Toe-tapping goodness ... I love what you guys are doing.
Very cowboy, I expect to hear a song like this if I ever go to a real saloon.
Very good job by all involved, I really enjoyed the listen.

Good luck on finding that real saloon. 😀
Glad you liked the country venture. We always appreciate your comments.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rsdean
Janice, Bud, Peter & Floyd,

WOW! The swing and groove on this song is terrific! Janice and Floyd singing together sounds magical. Peter's guitar is in full gear and Bud's production is second to none.

Love this - hard to believe I missed it all those years ago, but glad you surfaced this one again for a refresh.

"Janice: Lead vocals, arrangement and melody.
floyd: harmony vocals
Peter: solo guitar and arrangement
Bud: lyric, arrangement, mix and mastering"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The BIAB Wrecking Crew smile

AWESOME!

Bob

You are too kind Bob! Being referenced to the Wrecking Crew in any manner is most humbling. Glad you liked our Western Swing thing. 😀

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
All that talent loaded into one song. Thanks for resurrecting the song for the rest of us. Janice shows her versatility. I'd like to hear more of this genre. Floyd's harmony blends well with her voice. Darn good song too.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by rayc
Bud, Janice, Floyd & Peter = a Dream Team.
I woke up and the dream was real...real good fun too.
Everything to love & nothing to nit pick.
WONDERFUL.

Glad it was fun and no nits is always good. 😊 Thanks Ray!

J&B

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Multi-facet brilliant!

Some favourite Waoist Adages:
#1: Play on the Way.
#17: Ask not for whom the flower blooms, it blooms for you.
#69: Bring consciousness to it.
#74: On the road to effortlessness, effort must be made.
#105: Be Love Now, the rest will come on its own.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Man this is good stuff gang! I love hearing western swing and Janice and Floyd both sound good individually, but I've always thought they excell when together, regardless of who's doing lead and vocal. Great addition with Peter, and once again, Bud is showin' us all how it's done.

Brad

Thank you Brad! We’ve listened to Western Swing for years and used to play a bit of it back in our bluegrass band days.

Glad you liked it,

J&B

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Howdy J&B....and collaborators.
I dig this.
Cool title and topic.
Great lead vox & BGV per usual along with Peters' axe work. (I wanna learn to sing someday :))

Very well done!

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 05/13/24 11:03 AM.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Deej56
J&B,

Well, when a foursome like you all get together, what’s to expect other than a killer tune. Janice’s and Floyd’s vocal go together like peanut butter and jelly—classic! Great mix and production—no surprise there either.

Excellent and fun tune. Enjoyed my listen a ton!!

Regards to you all,

Deej

And thanks a ton! Good to see you back around.

J&B

User Showcase
L
Journeyman
Journeyman
L
Janice, your voice is still great and the duo works really well. I love the style.
laurent

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice to hear about your roots, yes, this songs sounds like your natural genre, but so does blues and many other you have explored, BIAB makes us all multi-talents smile The story has the feel of positive liberation and the lightly bouncing music reflects it nicely. Great vocals and floyd's harmonies are especially enjoyable. Peter's solo and Bud's mix leave nothing to desire.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
OUTSTANDING. All of you. Absolutely outstanding. Well done, Janice, in particular, for carrying off that solo ever so well, and for your part in writing this song. The whole thing is top notch, though. The harmonies with floyd are perfect. Peter's guitar playing is like he was born to do this thing (which I think he was!) ... and boy, it sounds like you're all having so much FUN - which is why we do this in the first place. Well done, Bud, for the lyrics - a big part of the reason why this sounds like so much fun - had me smiling the whole time, through smile Hats off to you all!

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Fun-derful song all the way around! A great collaboration with an excellent and unique hook. Great vocals and production. Thank you for revisiting this one and sharing the final product with us!

Dewey

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
You guys are quite a team.
Love that country swing.
Great job.

Thanks! It was fun.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
You guys are super superb, and I am ever grateful. I wasn't here then, and much enjoy this remake. Man, Janice is one of my favorite Blues singers. I don't care about acents; it's all about the feel and she puts that in every song she sings. You four inject an abundance of feel and professional talent. This song has it all. You are never on the outskirts; you're full on fun.

Thank you Marty. I (Bud) have often thought that Janice sings like a method actor. She puts herself totally into the song while working on it and then walks away from it after recording. 😀 And you are so right - it’s all about feeling.

Glad you liked it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Bud, Janice, Peter and Floyd,

A lovely song, and how nice to hear Janice and Floyd both singing in it!
Their voices sound very, very good together.
And together with that lovely song, it's really swings.
Peter and his guitar surely helps letting it does. Good work!

But the lyrics... man, what a mean sister and lousy men you had to face, Janice!
Story of your live (in songs). And now living in the outskirts of... fun?
No, love it a lot!

Hans

Thanks for the kind words Hans. Well, Janice has four sisters but none would throw her out! 😀

And we appreciate you mentioning floyd and Peter. They nailed it.

Glad you liked it!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's a great song. Nice work with the vox, harmony and instruments.

I totally enjoyed this one.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,910
Posts738,753
Members38,615
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jim Gear, gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic
38,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 153