Originally Posted By: Rob Helms

Let’s take RB for example . What does it need? First to complete with Studio one or Reaper it needs to shed its 48 track skin and clean up the mixer view where the only tracks that show are the ones on the tracks view like ever other DAW. It needs to have the mixer moves feature brought up to the level of the automation features of other systems.

For everyone whom wants RB to be compete with Studio One, Cubase,
Logic Pro, etc, are you willing to pay the same price as these DAWs charge? The only advantage RB has is in using RTs and that could be solved by using the VSTi. IMHO the VSTi is the future for PGMusic.

I have said it before and I will say it again I think PGMusic should get out of the DAW business, completely rewrite the VSTi and BiaB to include a lot of suggested improvements like real time signatures, more tracks (BiaB), bar by bar regeneration, etc.

I will add that BiaB is NOT a DAW so some should stop trying to use it as one. BiaB is an backing track generator. Use it like that then transfer said tracks to the DAW of your choice. This is my opinion.

On a side note if I were in charge of PGMusic I would try to work out a deal with Pipeline and incorporate a number of his add ons and suggestions.

YMMV

Last edited by MarioD; 08/27/20 04:01 AM.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware