Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Strength To Carry On Guitarhacker 25 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Herb, I gave you my thoughts in the Nashville songwriters meeting this month and I guess I'll stick to that. As I said then I love the potential of this song and I think some really wonderful things are going on. To me the piano playing is beautiful. I think the lyrics are on the right track for sure, and for sync music there is a fine line between lyrics that don't make any sense and lyrics that make too much sense. To a certain extent they should be kind of vague, for sync. So these are the kind of lyrics that don't really make sense or "shine" outside of the context of the music that they are wedded to, but that's okay, because that's the way it's supposed to be, for this type of ethereal sync song. I think I told you that I spent a long evening many years ago with a guy who was at that time one of the most famous rock and roll singer songwriters on the planet. While we were sitting on the hood of a car he told me that the most important thing that you need to know is that if it's rock and roll, the lyrics can't make sense. And that the moment you start trying to make sense, you kill the rock and roll. I thought that was pretty funny but I think he has a good point. In developing the lyric I think that the more you can work with the struggle that's going on and the way people are struggling, and striving and trying to deal with their struggles, the more powerful the lyrics will be, but that's just a matter of trying your hand at a couple of different approaches, so that you really bring out the poignant aspect of the human struggle element. But I think that all the work will be worth the effort, because I think you're really on to something with this one. I can see you crafting something here that could be genuinely and authentically powerful.
David. Thanks for that. I'm trying not to overthink it. If I overthink, and it's easy to do, it will ruin it. Thanks for the compliment on my piano playing skills. It's where I started with music and kind of got away from it when I got a guitar. It's relaxing and challenging to get back to it.
Replies 20 Views 413 Read More
Re: Strength To Carry On Guitarhacker 28 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Nice job on the piano. I listened to the version with the bass but couldn't really hear the bass (on quality speakers). Bass isn't really necessary here, but a piano with more depth would help (this one sounds like it it would be great in a lo-fi production - but that's all subjective). The melody on the chorus is the really nice. Best thing about the song.
Floyd. Thanks for your insight. The bass is certainly there but intentionally low. With a fatter sounding piano it wouldn't need a bass in it. I'm working on that. I'm glad you like the melody of the chorus I appreciate you.
Re: Rivers Of A Strange Land musician17 29 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David C: thanks. Glad you liked it, and happy that you took the time to listen to it smile
Replies 15 Views 430 Read More
Re: Strength To Carry On Guitarhacker 31 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rayc
It sounds fabulous but the inflection of grief struck me as a bit odd.
Ray, thanks for listening. Yeah.... I caught that too but somehow neglected a fix. I still have some work left to do with this so..... There's always hope
Re: Strength To Carry On Guitarhacker 33 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Herb, I really couldn't decide which version was better. Personally I think upping the volume of the pad and the pad and bass would improve the song, but that is just my opinion. Note I listened with both my near field monitors and my AKG headphones. Regardless this is a very good song. Great job on that synth vocal.
Mario, thanks for listening. I was trying to keep the synth parts low but..... I'm still pondering about another mix. Glad you like the song
Re: I made a dream: Band In a Box on Linux Gordon Scott 37 minutes ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Here's one reason that I dislike Windows. My notepad PC is dual boot as occasionally I want to run Windows on it. I just did to test something (which didn't work), Windows(8.1) did an update. Now it always reboots to Windows ... it's somehow even bypassing the bios, so even resetting to Linux as the first boot, the PC boots into f***ing Windows! I need my Linux on this PC, no ifs, no buts! I need it urgently! There are times like this when I could actively get to hate Microsoft and Windows.
Replies 19 Views 3,113 Read More
Re: Ooh Ya Ya NigelSpiers 48 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Deej, Thanks for all your very generous comments. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 34 Views 958 Read More
Re: I made a dream: Band In a Box on Linux musocity 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I saw this, but haven't checked it all out:
Zorin OS 17.1 makes it even easier to run your must-have Windows apps on Linux
Re: I made a dream: Band In a Box on Linux Gordon Scott 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
Gordon.. my…comments about linux…more of my odd opinions…lol…
I don't really want to write too much here for fairly obvious reasons. I'll write a quick aside relating very loosely to the Abbey Road & Martin observation ... Most, possibly all, of the cinematic CGI stuff runs on Linux. Nether Windows nor Mac were capable of that in the early days. I'm not sure they are even now. The reasons that Windows and Mac are most popular desktop OSs is because of the power of marketing and because they're the path of least resistance.
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) DC Ron 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Francesco Nespoli
Bella canzone!
Grazie!
Originally Posted by MarioD
Ron, Thanx for the pleasant flashback. Super vocal and lyrics. Great mix.
THANK YOU, Mario! I'm of an age where the term "flashback" can be as traumatic as, say, "infectious" is today. But I'm going to assume your flashback was a good one. Ha!
Originally Posted by chulaivet1966
Howdy Ron....This is a good write. Good upbeat energy, arrangement and well performed vox all around. Lots of imagery which is what I like in a song. Enjoyed the listen. Well done!
Glad you liked it. THANKS for the listen!
Originally Posted by Greg Johnson
Fun and catchy song Ron!!! Like the retro energy!! Mix sounds fantastic!!! Take care. Greg
Greg, THANK YOU! "Fun and catchy" is the objective, so glad this worked for you. smile
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Ron. Cool song -the segmented phrasing reminded me a bit of Squeeze's "The Junction", which is a good thing. A bit more "jolting" that I'd want, but the kind of thing that would quickly grow on me. smile I'm amazed how you and your team keep putting out solid pop.
David, wow. "Up the Junction" is one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands. How do you write a pop song that good...without a chorus? Difford and Tilbrook just do it for me. Thematically, our beach tune is closer to "Pulling Mussels from a Shell", another banger of a Squeeze song. But all their early stuff is gold. THANKS for the listen and an excuse to go on about my love for Squeeze!
Replies 26 Views 726 Read More
Re: I made a dream: Band In a Box on Linux Gordon Scott 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by musocity
This is what Robin over at Ardour.org stated:
Originally Posted by Robin Gareus
There are some statistics from “new version checks” from official versions from ardour.org and Linux users have a slight edge. That does not include all the versions from linux-distros (who disable version check calls to ardour.org ). Ubuntu alone has 74481 installs and that’s only from users who agreed to submit stats. As of today, official stats say 43% Linux, 42% Window, 15% Mac. Yet by factoring in Ubuntu alone it’s more like 75%, 18%, 5%. and that doesn’t include Debian, KXStudio, AVlinux, Arch, etc
I think that Ardour was originally developed on Linux and then ported to Windows and Mac, which would give it a head start on Linux. OpenSource and free also helps! Mixbus is a derivative, so not surprisingly is available on Linux. Reaper's guys noticed and supported the many people running it in Wine and worked on a native version. The native has been out for some years now. That business of disabling version checks is significant. There have always been quite a few people in corporate environments who disable (or falsify) version reporting because they use a Linux box against company standards. I kind-of did for many years, particularly for things like version control, where the Windows alternatives were just incompetent. In my case I had an agreement to go against 'policy' as I proved my case. A great many people just go with the flow.
Re: WAVED GOODBYE rsdean 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ray, Thanks. Always appreciate your thoughts and kind words. Bob
Replies 32 Views 852 Read More
Re: Old CAKEWALK GUITAR PRO 2 in Win7? Anyone know? sixchannel 2 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Many thanks Jim. PC away atm to have new PSU installed. I'll get back to you once its returned. Love the sheer simplicity of CGPT2. Bests Ian
Replies 2 Views 58 Read More
Re: Fishes Chris37 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I've followed David's good advices and I've changed the wrong sentence. Now, it is " You bring joy in the ocean "! Do any of you know of a good English or American children's song site with a forum?
Replies 8 Views 318 Read More
Re: Poor Heart of Mine BlueAttitude 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by rsdean
Dave, Chris & Marty, Wow! A new favorite! Chris sounds excellent with a perfect slow-burn vocal and some great piano lines. Love the arrangement and the mix as well. You and Marty sound great together. I really like your guitar parts here - I am getting some Santana vibes. Awesome stuff! Bob
Appreciate that, Bob!
Originally Posted by musician17
Nice! Beautifully melodic, with more than a hint of Latin. Dave is a marvel on the lead guitar, Marty is unobtrusively but flawlessly playing the bass, and Chris is expressive and communicative in her solo. Well arranged, well written, well performed, VERY well produced, and (not least) a good video. Love that this song is, once more, melodic, and tells a clear story well. Good job - and I agree with Bob about the Santana vibes, of course.
Thanks, James!
Replies 11 Views 1,020 Read More
Re: Victory For Viktor Bass Thumper 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
We must never forget... yet we find ourselves having forgotten. Thank you for reminding us that we should never forget lest we go down that same road again.
Hey Hacker, I totally agree with you. Thanks for listening . . . and more importantly, remembering.
Replies 48 Views 1,238 Read More
Brug Band-in-a-Box Artist Performance Tracks til at øve mixning og mastering lindbjerg 3 hours ago Forum: Dansk Band-in-a-Box bruger forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Band-in-a-Box's Artist performance track er fantastiske til at øve dine mixe og mastering færdigheder. Jeg har tage et track som hedder Burning Castles (moderne country). I linkene nedenfor kan du høre det uproccesserede track fra Band-in-a-Box og det mixerne og mastrede resultat af det samme. Her er det rå Band-in-a-Box track: https://soundcloud.com/user-5918235...ium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing Og her er det mixed og mastrede: https://soundcloud.com/user-591823512/burningcastles-master?si=a0751e6a5d514fe4979c24cb782ab00d&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing Venlig hilsen Lindbjerg
Replies 0 Views 26 Read More
Mixing and mastering practice with Artist Performance tracks lindbjerg 3 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The Artist Performance tracks are excellent for practising your mixing and mastering skills. I took the modern country song Burning Castles and did a lot of work on it. I added a couple of acoustic guitars (also RT's), but all the other tracks are original Band-in-a-Box RealTracks. Here's the raw Band-in-a-Box rendering: https://soundcloud.com/user-5918235...&si=49b7c773fa9d40c7a5694dc4f19c46ed And here's the mixed and mastered version: https://soundcloud.com/user-591823512/burningcastles-master?si=81ce04d36f1248fc88fee8b505f68e5e&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Replies 0 Views 19 Read More
Re: Fishes Chris37 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks, David, for your useful comment. Do you mean that the correct sentence would be: "And you make the Ocean laugh"
Re: Fishes dcuny 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Chris37
I think this is a poetic song and I consider the Ocean like a person. So I think that "And you make laugh the Ocean" can be used...
Sorry, I wasn't clear. Calling the ocean a person is fine! It's just not written as an English speaker would say it. But then, it wouldn't rhyme, so... All's fair in song and poetry! wink
Re: Rivers Of A Strange Land (acoustic version) musician17 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I forgot to mention the flute, Marty. Oops smile I'm so glad you're listening, and subscribing to my YT channel, also. I mainly put videos up there for my Mum to hear smile ... she prefers YT links to any other kind of music link, so ... Thanks for every listen and comment! smile
Replies 12 Views 130 Read More
Re: Rivers Of A Strange Land (acoustic version) musician17 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks, Dave. Yes, the word "fountain", for example, is mis-pronounced. Will have to fix that, when I get the chance - but thank you again for listening smile
Thanks, Bob. Appreciated!
Re: Forget The Plugin Fixes musocity 6 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The economic benefit for PG Music to quit using J bridge applications was apparent when apple banned 32bit applications. Same with other bridge applications, BBW4, they can't use that with an iPad or Android version, they will require JUCE self-contained code. If the code is moved to the JUCE all the old limitations will be got rid of and you won't be able to open the same project in old Biab, only in a DAW that can handle more bars, real time signatures and decimal tempo maps. The same project from the iPad will open in the JUCE Plugin in a DAW on Linux Mac or Win. If I try and open a frozen Win SGU now on Mac it won't open as the Mac version with those RealTracks have not yet been released on Mac. Whereas with JUCE all platforms are released at the same time with same features.
Replies 1 Views 86 Read More
Re: Fishes Chris37 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Mario, DC Ron and David for your comments. I've changed the chorus using the plural. I think this is a poetic song and I consider the Ocean like a person. So I think that "And you make laugh the Ocean" can be used...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,848
Posts737,963
Members38,599
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
davidpeters74, WesleyHowie, 3DGtrman, longus, Jase Oz
38,599 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 179
rsdean 119
dcuny 107
DC Ron 107
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.