Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Take the “Tempo/ time signature challenge”, using Blueberry Hill. musocity 29 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, time signatures are a challenge
...with all the limitations like currently talked about with time signatures not matching the standard of DAW's and notation programs. There is so much resistance from PG as there are major issues with the software because things were all done wrong in the first place and have been there for so long, then they have to use boggy workarounds to solve issues, I think only a total rewrite will fix them. It's always "BB & The Workarounds".
Replies 4 Views 186 Read More
Re: Poor Heart of Mine MarioD Yesterday at 11:57 PM Forum: User Showcase
Dave, Chris, and Marty, you outdid yourselves on this one. Loved that Santana groove. Outstanding vocal and lyrics. The perfect bass and guitar parts. Very profession mix. This one should be on the radio today.
Replies 8 Views 424 Read More
Re: Rivers Of A Strange Land (acoustic version) MarioD Yesterday at 11:49 PM Forum: User Showcase
James, this one is the best IMHO. I think it emphasizes the vocal and the mood set by the lyrics. Nice flute lead. Consider this one finished.
Replies 7 Views 103 Read More
Re: New collab_"Just A Regular Guy" chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 11:48 PM Forum: User Showcase
Hey Herb.... smile....guess I should write more songs about food. My apologies if any drooling actually occurred. Bacon is one of my favorites food groups. Howdy Blue.... I initially envisioned our typical instrumental propensities. But, after sending me his rhythms tracks he asked...."I'd like to try an organ track?" I said: "Go for it"! It's a twist for us but we both liked it so we rolled with it. Hey Ron.... Funny you say that. Out of (now 50) recorded originals I'd say less than a hand full are under 3:00. When I decided on this very simple arrangement it seemed to go really quickly compared to what I'm used to. smile Quite the milestone for this old bird. Hey Mario.... I'm pleased you found it worthy of your time. I dig that "infectious groove"....soon as I stumbled on it I knew. It was a fun write and desperately didn't want to come off as preachy in any way. Many thanks gents for giving it a whirl and all the kind words. Much appreciated. Have a good eve.
Replies 7 Views 82 Read More
Re: New collab_"Just A Regular Guy" MarioD Yesterday at 11:43 PM Forum: User Showcase
I'm just a regular guy whom loved this song! A very infectious groove, a real toe tapper. Great vocal and outstanding lyrics. Fantastic groove. IMHO this is your best to date. PS - loved that B3
Replies 7 Views 82 Read More
Re: Sails MarioD Yesterday at 11:37 PM Forum: User Showcase
Marty, when I read "A song about a sailing adventure that lasted a lifetime." I said oh great, a song about the SS Minnow! Super vocal, instrumentation, and mix. Great bass. Loved that steel drum segment! IMHO this is your best to date.
Replies 9 Views 73 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) chulaivet1966 Yesterday at 11:35 PM Forum: User Showcase
Howdy Ron.... This is a good write. Good upbeat energy, arrangement and well performed vox all around. Lots of imagery which is what I like in a song. Enjoyed the listen. Well done!
Replies 23 Views 626 Read More
Re: Crystal Lake (In the Rearview) MarioD Yesterday at 11:28 PM Forum: User Showcase
Ron, Thanx for the pleasant flashback. Super vocal and lyrics. Great mix.
Replies 23 Views 626 Read More
Re: Fishes DC Ron Yesterday at 11:25 PM Forum: User Showcase
Chris, very sweet tune, and nicely mixed. Natalie sounds great, too.
Replies 3 Views 93 Read More
Re: I made a dream: Band In a Box on Linux musocity Yesterday at 11:25 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is what Robin over at Ardour.org stated:
Originally Posted by Robin Gareus
There are some statistics from “new version checks” from official versions from ardour.org and Linux users have a slight edge. That does not include all the versions from linux-distros (who disable version check calls to ardour.org ). Ubuntu alone has 74481 installs and that’s only from users who agreed to submit stats. As of today, official stats say 43% Linux, 42% Window, 15% Mac. Yet by factoring in Ubuntu alone it’s more like 75%, 18%, 5%. and that doesn’t include Debian, KXStudio, AVlinux, Arch, etc
Replies 14 Views 2,999 Read More
Re: I'm Going Home With Jesus MarioD Yesterday at 11:24 PM Forum: User Showcase
Ronnie, you have this country genre down to a science. This sounds fantastic. It took me back to the Hee Haw gospel quartet days, and that is a good thing. Super mix, great lyrics.
Replies 3 Views 148 Read More
Re: Simple Love MarioD Yesterday at 11:20 PM Forum: User Showcase
Yes, very sweet tone on that axe, but it isn't the axe, it is the person playing it. Outstanding vibrato. Nice sax that adds to the song's texture. Super mix.
Replies 2 Views 77 Read More
Re: Fishes MarioD Yesterday at 11:14 PM Forum: User Showcase
I did not listen to the original version but I really like this version. Nice use of RTs and the synth voice. Super mix. A really nice children's song.
Replies 3 Views 93 Read More
Re: Everything To Wish For Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:12 PM Forum: User Showcase
I like that lyrical hook. Gentle song with a poignant message. Excellent choice for your band. I enjoyed the song!
Replies 15 Views 295 Read More
Re: The Campfire Song MarioD Yesterday at 11:09 PM Forum: User Showcase
Izzy, this is fantastic song. The guitars are great and match the song title perfectly. Very strong vocal. I liked those added effect also.
Replies 7 Views 246 Read More
Re: That Man Ezekiel's Storm Yesterday at 11:03 PM Forum: User Showcase
One of your top songs. Top-notch lyrics, mixed with a tender melody makes for a moving song. Convincing vocal delivery. That baritone guitar is a nice touch to the production.
Replies 24 Views 683 Read More
Re: That Man floyd jane Yesterday at 10:47 PM Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Originally Posted by rayc
Wow, that's all - wow.
Perfect summary I think wink Excellent write, strong, emotive vocal, and really impressed with your piano playing! As good as it gets.
Warms my heart, Dave. Thanks.
Originally Posted by laurent4114
I really like this sobriety. You never need big effects to make a good song. Laurent
Thanks for listen, Laurent...
Replies 24 Views 683 Read More
Re: bloop type noise every few minutes Matt Finley Yesterday at 10:46 PM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Facebook notifications just started making noise. I know I didn't approve that. Two things come to mind: unregistered plugin, which you say isn't it, and something running in the background that you say you don't have. At least, to rule out that second possibility, download the free utility DPC Latency Checker and run it for a minute or two. SPECIAL NOTE: In Windows 11, the baseline is 1000, so don't be surprised that all your readings are yellow. But if you get some regularly recurring red spikes, you can examine the cause.
Replies 4 Views 77 Read More
Re: The Outskirts Of Fun (with floyd and PeterF) floyd jane Yesterday at 10:46 PM Forum: User Showcase
Thanks for asking me along for the ride. It's been a helluva decade of friendship and music. fj
Replies 42 Views 1,093 Read More
Re: bloop type noise every few minutes rharv Yesterday at 10:34 PM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
In Settings - Sound .. scroll down to Advanced Sound Options and look for App volume and device preferences. If you find that screen, it's a lot like the one you described
Re: I made a dream: Band In a Box on Linux Gordon Scott Yesterday at 10:26 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have most of those, actually, and also MixBus. I think my BitWig is probably a trial version, but I bought most of the other commercial software and I usually donate for the freebies, quite a few of which are very good. I don't have u-he or Vital. I've always been able to operate my Ui24R from a browser on Linux and I've also recently discovered how to use a DAW to host plug-ins for it. I hadn't even considered that. I suspect that I could use any plugin that works with jack as that handles all the patching, routing and the like that Windows just doesn't do natively. There are a few patch tools for Windows, though.
Replies 14 Views 2,999 Read More
Re: I'm a-comin' for your money with my 2 dead bandmates!! Jim Fogle Yesterday at 10:19 PM Forum: Off-Topic
Gosh, Cleveland.com really likes to give you multiple pop-up advertisements that you must cancel out before you can view a topic. Reminds me when Elvis Presley's band did a tour back in the 80s. They had a limousine with blackout windows drive into the show palace while the announcer said Elvis was in the house. Then videos of Elvis singing specific songs played on the big screens while the band played the backing tracks in real time. When the concert finished, the limousine drove out of the show palace. Just about every show sold out.
Replies 1 Views 53 Read More
Re: Old CAKEWALK GUITAR PRO 2 in Win7? Anyone know? Jim Fogle Yesterday at 10:06 PM Forum: Off-Topic
It should. One limitation is the program is likely 32 bit while the operating system is likely 64 bit. That may make a difference but likely will not. Once the program is installed, right click on the desktop icon and a sub menu should open. One of the choices should be compatibility mode. Selecting compatibility mode should allow you to tell Windows 7 Cakewalk Guitar Pro 2 is designed to run under Windows XP.
Replies 1 Views 25 Read More
Re: bloop type noise every few minutes Bob Calver Yesterday at 09:47 PM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Mario, it happens when I'm not using BIAB or RB so no vstis loaded but I'll investigate and in the meantime anyone have any extra suggestions?
Re: Hard To Say Goodbye PeterF Yesterday at 09:45 PM Forum: User Showcase
Originally Posted by jannesan
It's easy to say that this is a pleasant melodic pop song, like straight from the sixties with a simple message, nice melody and enjoyable vocals, Leon is doing great job and the harmonies feel warm. The band sounds like they have played together for years, the drums fit well. I feel like I'm listening this in a live evening at a small local pub, somehow brings me an Irish feeling and the band called The Saw Doctors. Janne
Thanks Janne I enjoyed the comments. Peter
Replies 38 Views 876 Read More
Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 115 116
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,844
Posts737,909
Members38,597
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
longus, Jase Oz, RWSwan, dedlyfish, Tnfkd
38,596 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 179
rsdean 119
DC Ron 106
dcuny 100
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.