Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: IT'S YOU - A Love Song Duet dcuny 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Elliot. Very pretty sound. Interesting chord changes. A "simple" love song, but getting simple right isn't always easy. laugh Are you doubling your vocal? It sounds a bit "buzzy" through my speakers, but maybe that's just me. Anyway, I enjoyed listening!
Replies 6 Views 48 Read More
Re: So Far Away dcuny 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Ron. Sounds great - Dusty's a talented singer, and you're an excellent arranger. Good job with the lyrics, too. I like the way it stays low-key, which is appropriate for the lyrics. I'll echo gman97040 - very REM-ish (or should I say "REMinishent"?) wink As always, love your stuff!
Replies 26 Views 485 Read More
Re: The Funky Baron dcuny 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Laurent. Nice pair of songs! Good to hear BiaB doing some funk. smile
Replies 8 Views 54 Read More
Re: Zuzu dcuny 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Chay. Pleasant listen, well mixed. I assume you're using Poser for your renders?
Replies 19 Views 315 Read More
Re: There is a Savior firesong 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Dan, Natalie and Hayden, I realy liked that intro / interlude! It creaes a lovely excitement (and promise) of what comes next. Although it took you 15 years to finish the song (...) it has a modern sound. I like how it is sung by all of you. Very good! Hans
Hans...thanks so much for your kind comments...glad you enjoyed the song...Dan
Replies 19 Views 244 Read More
Re: Triplet Mode keeps turning off AudioTrack 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thinking further on this, perhaps if Triplet Resolution in Notation Window Options is not a saved feature of Global Preferences, then instead this should be part of Song Settings ( <Ctrl>N ), and therefore the setting lives with the saved song itself. Any thoughts on that?
Replies 4 Views 84 Read More
Re: Midi style issue AudioTrack 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
And yes, please do tell us which version of BIAB that you are using.
Replies 5 Views 87 Read More
Re: Do you copyright your songs before showing it to producers? Ely Bass 3 hours ago Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
First off, the copyright form allows for multiple writers on a song/composition. So no, it's not necessary for each to file a copyright individually/separately.
This is not my situation. I have multiple songs, each with a single individual writer. The copyright office clearly describes my situation,
By contrast, if the copyright owner of the album does not own the copyright in the musical compositions (or vice versa), or if the compositions have been previously published, then each composition must be registered separately as an individual contribution to the collective work.
I don't see a way to register multiple songs with different composers as a single work. I started reaching out to the songwriters. I don't want to negotiate a contract deal with the writers and then be in a position where I have to manage their royalties. I really wish they would get off their rears and register their works. Songtrust makes it very simple with a $100 fee per artist. Then add The Mechanical Licensing Collective to manage mechanical royalties at no cost, and a DSP for performance royalties, and the creator has all their bases covered. Seems easy enough, and I would do it if I had creator's rights. But what if they don't? I guess I can release my recordings and be forced to take them down when and if they show proof of registration. There's a slim chance of that. Sending a private link works for just a handful of people. The easier way to get a wider listen is to post a soundcloud link on facebook or such. Maybe routenote might accept them, but how will they find the composer if the work is unregistered? This might be undoable.
Replies 116 Views 23,124 Read More
Do songwriters have a future? Izzy 4 hours ago Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I'm new here so forgiveness if this subject has been raised before. With AI platforms such as Suno, Udio and Sonato improving by the hour I ask: Do songwriters have a future? At the moment Udio.com is beta testing and is free to use and I am very impressed with what it can do. Bob Doyle has a very interesting UTube channel and this video my be of interest to BIAB aficionados.
Replies 0 Views 10 Read More
Re: The Fire In Her Eyes Izzy 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Folks. I will admit that my cred sucking "compannion piece" was a little too close to the bone. (it's a long story). After it becomes an international mega hit I will text Neil and request that he donates 100% of the royalties to a charity of his choice. I hang my head in shame alongside my fellow larcenists Which segues into another can of worms. Please go to the songwriters forum.
Replies 11 Views 240 Read More
Re: Where will music creation software be in 5 years? Bass Thumper 5 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
......................... Hey "Moneybags Mario" . . . how deep are your pockets? smile
No wheres near deep enough mad
You never know. If the opportunity ever arises I think you'd do a good job at the helm; not quite as good as Peter, but still plenty good.
Replies 24 Views 585 Read More
Re: Here's an Idea Charlie Fogle 5 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's like Dan said, it could have been a glitch in the BBW program, a glitch on my system or the Plugin has that limitation. I couldn't test with Reaper and just made my comment so you could look into it. I'm sure you do have a headache. I appreciate your time and appreciate the depth you go into these ideas. I've been able to learn a lot about BIAB from studying your posts over the years.
Replies 12 Views 569 Read More
Re: AI and the Future DrDan 6 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The more I learn, the more I fear the future.
Replies 9 Views 190 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) Elliott Kayne 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice melody, lyrics, well sung. great harmony on the chorus. The guitar break was cool especially the sitar line echoing.
Replies 47 Views 1,326 Read More
Re: ♫ Till The End Of Time Elliott Kayne 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Lovely love song, well sung, well produced, great use of Real Tracks, everything fits perfectly
Replies 29 Views 786 Read More
Re: Fat Guy, a song done by Marty and me Elliott Kayne Yesterday at 11:50 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Funny fat song. With a big fat sound, and a big fat guitar. Great job! My only comment is your vocals mix has a bit too much fat reverb it is muddling up your funny fat lyrics. I like it, and the video ... This reminds me I have to get to the gym.
Replies 20 Views 506 Read More
Re: Enter Relative Tempo Dan45 Yesterday at 11:41 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes- At program bootup: "open Previous style" is selected also Bootup in directory of last session is checked. I'll try messing around with those, the dropdown also has "open previous song" and "Don't open song or style". Thanks!
Replies 2 Views 52 Read More
Re: Transition Janice & Bud Yesterday at 09:07 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
As Ron said, "I'd NEVER be patient enough (or skilled enough) for that ..." And we say DITTO! Wow, what an interesting production and it turned out to be very pleasing. The transitioned guitar sounds good as well as your guitar and bass. You ever gonna run out of pleasant musical surprises? smile Kudos! J&B
Replies 28 Views 466 Read More
Re: FIND MY WAY BACK HOME Janice & Bud Yesterday at 08:22 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Like we said over at SC this is a BIG acoustic production! Great arrangement and dynamics. The synth interlude and the mod near the end are very effective. The band is excellent and your work on the acoustic fills, etc. is stellar. Nice tone and chops. Fine write and, of course, vocals also. We liked how the write leaves one to connect their own dots. Well done and we enjoyed it! J&B
Replies 37 Views 564 Read More
Re: I Didn't Do It Birchwood Yesterday at 07:47 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ha Marty and Dave, Love the song, I told you that on YT, although I'm convinced you did it. The problem is, I don't know what you did. Probably you are the king in making beautiful songs with the speed of light. This one is no exception. Lovely rhythm. And Dave played so well too (of course)! Well done. Nothing to complain about, of course (too)... Hans
Replies 21 Views 271 Read More
Re: Creepy Invitation Birchwood Yesterday at 07:40 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Brain, I listened and commented on YT about this great song. Wonderful what you did with the vocals! And the song itself. I really like it. This morning I played it again. Wonderful intro and lyrics. Enjoyed it a lot. Maybe I'm a weirdo too... Hans
Replies 9 Views 220 Read More
Re: Melodyne Essential Video Tutorial (13 Minutes) Dan45 Yesterday at 07:38 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for sharing this- I know Melodyne has a ton of videos but sometimes it's hard to find the signal in all the noise! I recently upgraded to BiaB 2024 after not using it much for the past few years, largely because the website showed that it had TC Helicon built in (I've been gigging with the foot pedal version) only to find out that it's no longer supported. To me, they should take that video down cause now I had to drop another $100 on Melodyne. Buuut, I do appreciate the support in the community here and it goes a long way towards helping me get over my little disappointments in life! Have a great weekend!
Replies 1 Views 80 Read More
Re: Time to Play Some Blues Birchwood Yesterday at 07:35 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Dave, great song! I listened to it when it just was released, but couldn't write what good song it is. Now I did on YT and I repeat it here; great song, cool solo, good lyrics and vocals. And of course Marty is very good too. I wonder if that man ever sleep. He's always busy with making songs for himself, you, me, a lot of others. And always quality (and friendly). You both are a good team! Hans
Replies 17 Views 154 Read More
Re: Repeats not working Noel96 Yesterday at 06:21 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by E. H. Hackney
Ahh. Thank you Noel! I recently had to reload Band in a Box and everything went to defaults. I had forgotten this. Thanks again.
When you get BIAB working correctly, make sure to save your settings. The later versions of BIAB have this ability and it is found under the Options menu. Then, if you need to re-install BIAB or return to factory settings, you will be able to quickly return to your previous settings.
Replies 3 Views 75 Read More
Re: Audio Drums Wizard rharv Yesterday at 04:24 PM Forum: PowerTracks Pro Audio Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
well, yeah .. that's true, don't we all?
Replies 7 Views 536 Read More
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,692
Posts736,082
Members38,542
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
KWADWO FRIMPONG, hcginjections2024, carloncho, jofigueroajr, Zunzez
38,541 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173