Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Edirol SD-90 on FL Studio Isrra29 33 minutes ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks again for the info. I did all the steps you told me to do. My FL Studio recognises the plugin version of Band-in-a-Box, but, there isn't any option to add the patch file on it. Howerver, on the main program version of Band-in-a-Box there the option to add the patch, but on the plugin version not. What do you think I'm doing wrong? I attached some screeshots so that you can see what I'm refering to. Thanks again. [Linked Image from i.ibb.co] [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Replies 6 Views 151 Read More
Re: Triplet Mode keeps turning off AudioTrack 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, there needs to be some form of indicator that this setting has been manually engaged, but back to the original issue, it's not saved in BIAB Preferences, so how or where should it be handled?
Replies 9 Views 169 Read More
Re: Zuzu WaoBand 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks very much for your great feedback, Dave BA, Elliot, David S & David C. Much appreciated. David C: No, it's not Poser, though I have some ancient Poser assets. I use Daz Studio, though due to lack of space on my laptop which I use purely for 3D modelling my character morphs are now 3 generations behind what's now available. I've even had to uninstall over 1/3 of my assets due to lack of space. When Daz started out it introduced the 3Delight render engine, also called 3DL, but once they also included NVIDIA Iray content, designers started to bit by bit design only for the latter, which is a shame as it's a lot harder to see exactly what one is building until its rendered, plus renders take a lot longer. Iray is supposed to allow one to create 'photo-real' images, which is an exaggerated claim as depending on the lighting and other factors both engines are as good. In the above video the initial cyberpunk Zuzu images and 3 of the 6 'agent' ones were built and rendered using Iray, the rest are 3DL, but most people wouldn't be able to tell the which is which.
Replies 20 Views 352 Read More
Re: Triplet Mode keeps turning off Gordon Scott 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Noel96
The triplet-resolution option does not make BIAB play in a swing style, it simply sets the type of note entry and display when using notation mode. In other words, this setting does not affect BIAB's performance in any way. It is a setting to adjust notation-entry and note-display options.
I agree with Noel. BIAB's notation display tries to show the notation as it would appear on sheet music, whilst also allowing the timing and expression to be unmodified. That's great when intended but can be confusing when not expected. I think triplet-mode is largely for note-entry purposes. Swing-time songs set it automatically, even-time songs clear it automatically. There is a loosely related option to show or hide rests, which was the root of how I learned about BIAB's under-the-surface behaviour. It was hiding rests that I definitely did not want to be hidden. That's on a menu somewhere.
Re: Where am I? WaoBand 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very, very clever idea for a song, Chris. I enjoyed the instrumental break, plus the reversal of the body and soul perspectives in the final verse.
Replies 2 Views 20 Read More
Re: NO REVOLUTION WaoBand 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I love the piano and organ in this composition. It's another great song, lyrically, from you, impressive and heartfelt in the vocal expression, though I didn't get an anti-love vibe from it at all. I thought that brief break before the final verse was made for a short B3 solo, which could have also been added to the end.
Replies 3 Views 16 Read More
Re: NO REVOLUTION BabuMusic 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ha! Anti-Love song. THAT in itself is a revolution. To paraphase David Snyder, Bob Dean The Lyric machine. Dang, you are so good at that. You know, even the scatting-hummng solo is so good. I like your style, Bob. Sounds good, and floyd is right about the peek at your inner thoughts.
Re: I Didn't Do It BabuMusic 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
Nice swampy blues tune, the lyrics, and you vocals fit perfectly. Like the choice of Real Tracks on this one. Really Cool song.
Thank you, Elliott.
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Marty. Another fine creation to add to your prolific catalogue of compositions. You've done a great job. Your unfolding story kept me interested all the way through (and made me smile a few times, too)! The arrangement, your performance, Dave's performance, and your production sat extremely comfortably in my headphones. Very enjoyable listening 💛 --Noel
Thanks so much, Noel. I really like that "prolific catalogue of compositions."
Originally Posted by rayc
I love that high note...reminds me of Cocker & You Are So Beautiful. Very cool BIAB band and Dave REALLY fitted in sonically & stylistically while dropping a fab solo with a matching high note. The bass is round, rollin' and right on the spot. Loved it...yet again.
Thanks, Ray. Ha! Joe reached his notes with ease --I had to wait for the right day. hehe
Originally Posted by floyd jane
ray says
The bass is round, rollin' and right on the spot.
Could not say it better. Dave's acoustic work is superb. Excellent BAND A clever idea for a write. And well penned. "She was the one who rented that car. " - HA! A great sound. A favorite, right outta the shoot... fj
Thanks, floyd! Really glad you liked it. Yeah, that perp was so dumb he thought if he got her to rent the car, it would prove he was innocent, but the video was pretty conclusive.
Replies 22 Views 286 Read More
Re: Enter Relative Tempo Gordon Scott 2 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Just by the way, as it might be useful here, there are some BIAB 'timebase' options to allow half-time, double-time and triple-time. The manual has details.
Replies 3 Views 75 Read More
Re: AI and the Future Notes Norton 3 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Personally (as if that matters to the legal system) I don't think you should be able to copyright a person's voice. On the other hand, if you use it to pretend Elvis or whoever is singing the song, it's fraud, and that shouldn't be allowed. I think if AI generates the vocals (or whatever) on the song, the vocal credit should simply go to the AI App. And example would be if the song is called “Future Rock”, the credit would read “vocals by ____ using samples of Elvis Presley's voice” where _____ is replaced by the AI app.
Replies 10 Views 264 Read More
Re: NO REVOLUTION floyd jane 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bob, Enjoyed hearing a piano-based track. Cool record cover. Good lyric. Original. Your songs always feel so personal - like we are hearing/sharing your inner-most thoughts. That's a real talent. fj
Re: I'm Not Ready floyd jane 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Floyd, jeez. Fabulous write and big, killer vocals! Love the bare arrangement and how you let your solo voice carry the song. Just wonderful.
Much appreciated, Ron...
Originally Posted by camog
Floyd - great voice & singing, excellent song & lyrics, very nice production! Can't say more than that - top job!! Cheers, Carl
Thanks, Carl!!!
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Nice one Floyd and Bill! Excellent write and vocal as always. I like the way you build the intensity as the track progresses, and how you bring in the strings towards the end. Top notch and totally professional, enjoyed!
Thanks, Dave...
Replies 28 Views 608 Read More
Re: Transition MarioD 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
As Ron said, "I'd NEVER be patient enough (or skilled enough) for that ..." And we say DITTO! Wow, what an interesting production and it turned out to be very pleasing. The transitioned guitar sounds good as well as your guitar and bass. You ever gonna run out of pleasant musical surprises? smile Kudos! J&B
Thanx so much Janice and Bud for this very kind review. Me being patient? Not according to my wife!
Replies 29 Views 504 Read More
Re: The Funky Baron laurent4114 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Stellar work with the vocals and the entire audio/video production. The entire band sounds great and that is a nice guitar solo. Good 70's funk indeed. We used to listen to a lot of it back in those days and this would fit right in with some of the best. Well done! J&B
Thanks floyd, Marty, DC Ron, WaoBand, Bob, Janice & Bud for the nice comments. Elliot:in the first part it's solaria and for the second it's a Realtrack, 3538: Vocals, Background Soloist, Gospel Cool Soulful 16th Swing 75 Thanks David there are so many great styles in BIAB
Replies 9 Views 66 Read More
Re: Where am I? laurent4114 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
joli duo christian. Laurent
Replies 2 Views 20 Read More
Re: Midi style issue Matt Finley 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
And Build #. See Help, About.
Replies 6 Views 152 Read More
Re: Triplet Mode keeps turning off Matt Finley 4 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Interesting question. Within one song I may have triplet resolution on for some notation and off for the rest, or vice-versa. But I could live with the ‘majority’ setting being saved with the song IF there were a clear visible indicator. Something like +2 transposition in effect.
Re: So Far Away DC Ron 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Ron. Sounds great - Dusty's a talented singer, and you're an excellent arranger. Good job with the lyrics, too. I like the way it stays low-key, which is appropriate for the lyrics. I'll echo gman97040 - very REM-ish (or should I say "REMinishent"?) wink As always, love your stuff!
David, ha! "REMinishent" is a VERY good one indeed. Glad you liked it!
Originally Posted by Izzy
Hi Ron. I get a Michael Stipe - Losing my Religion vibe ( a good thing) I get that you were trying to maintain the momentum of the track which you succeded in doing but I would have liked to hear a bit more light and shade with the "instrumentation" (is that a word?). I enjoyed it and your mixing/mastering is very good.
Izzy, THANKS for the listen and the input! "Instrumentation" is apparently used more in the technology field, but I know EXACTLY what you mean, so keep using it as far as I'm concerned. Ha!
Replies 28 Views 534 Read More
Re: Many Roads Janice & Bud 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great to hear a new one from you! As always your chops and tone on the ax are excellent. And the sax fits the vibe nicely. Enjoyed it! J&B
Replies 11 Views 204 Read More
Re: Edirol SD-90 on FL Studio Matt Finley 4 hours ago Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
1) No. Think of this as a translator. 2) I put mine in a folder I created in /bb but I think it can be anywhere (except C:/Program Files); when selecting a MIDI patch, you just locate it. I’ll double-check this.
Replies 6 Views 151 Read More
Re: DREAM We can change the World Janice & Bud 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
As so many have noted you definitely captured the late 60's Beatles feel. The production is great and we love the sentiment of the write. Excellent work with the synth vocals indeed. J&B PS I (Bud) saw the Beatles live and was managing several bands during the Sgt. Pepper's period and fully appreciate your efforts to achieve this vibe. smile
Replies 16 Views 251 Read More
NO REVOLUTION rsdean 4 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi All, Here's a simple little sort of hopeful anti-love song... smile This is called NO REVOLUTION. Don’t want a revolution Not in the streets Don’t want a revolution Between the sheets I want you out Not in my head Don’t need the pollution In my bed Don’t want a revolution Not in the air Don’t want a revolution In your stare I’m done with us Not me but she I want a solution Give it to me Don’t want a revolution Not for peace Don’t want a revolution Let the talks cease I can’t hear you cry Not in my soul Don’t need absolution If truth be told Don’t want a revolution Not today Don’t want a revolution In any way Protests in the heart Refuse to go Don’t want a revolution No, no, no BIAB Tracks: 2475: Bass, Acoustic, HeldSimple 085 2693: Piano, Acoustic, RhythmModern 075 2692: Organ, Rhythm ModernPop 075 RealDrums: NashvilleBrushesBalladPushEv16 As always - thanks for listening! Bob
Re: Triplet Mode keeps turning off AudioTrack 4 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks, Noel for your feedback. Good points. I have never really expected this to be a 'global' setting. That's why I now inquired if this would be more suited to a 'local' song song setting value.
Re: Charline's blues Chris37 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Elliott and Bob, The originality of this minor blues is that the rhythm section (bass and drums) is played in a bossa style.
Replies 5 Views 96 Read More
Re: Desert moon BlueAttitude 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice! Loved those spaghetti westerns back in the day, and this music would have fit right in. Loved that tremolo baritone guitar, fiddle and trumpet sounded good too.
Replies 12 Views 233 Read More
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,694
Posts736,132
Members38,545
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
KlaasB, Sid S, Uncle Hemi, KWADWO FRIMPONG, hcginjections2024
38,544 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 174