PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix Which guitar RT is similar to this one? - 04/22/24 12:27 AM
The kind of strumming at the beginning is hard for me to find in BIAB RT.
Is there any? Can you tell me which one it is?
Thanks

Posted By: musocity Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? - 04/22/24 09:34 AM
Filter by "Acoustic Muted"
you can use midi with a virtual instrument to get that.
SBM.

there is no getting away from the fact that one misses usefull sounds by useing just search.

one must be willing to once a year...which is what i do...set up a file on the pc with 3 columns...

rt number. name...and ones comments on the rt ...
and i give a star rating from one to five on each rt...and comments like fantastic
or ok etc.

then go through every single rt and use the spreadsheet file above.

if i hadnt done the above i wouldnt have discovered some of the sound nuggets for the 3 songs in my sig...eg the little tremolo gtr twice used in the pretty girl
song which ive had positive comments about and same for the heavy gtr in the stallion song...and same for the banjo in bankerman which made me go
'wait a minute...i got a bgrass song idea'.
there are loads of gems in pg content to discover.
i know its lots of work but its the only way imho so one doesnt miss usefull sounds to use in songs.

think of it like your in a studio as a producer auditioning session pros and deciding which ones to use in a song.

hth

om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Posted By: MarioD Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? - 04/22/24 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by justanoldmuso
SBM.

there is no getting away from the fact that one misses usefull sounds by useing just search.

one must be willing to once a year...which is what i do...set up a file on the pc with 3 columns...

rt number. name...and ones comments on the rt ...
and i give a star rating from one to five on each rt...and comments like fantastic
or ok etc.

then go through every single rt and use the spreadsheet file above.
om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧

That is a lot of work. Maybe you could share or for a modest fee sell your list to others? If the list is in a spreadsheet or a data base the star ratings could be changed or eliminated. Just a thought. YMMV
Mario.

interesting idea...only prob is other people might rate differently from me and comment differently.

its not that much work as i have the previous years ratings and my comments
i just have to go thru the new pg content issued.

the thingi like about this method is i often get new ideas for songs when a piece of pg content makes me go 'OH YEAH'. ...lol.
thats how many of my songs come about.

happiness.

om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Posted By: musocity Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? - 04/23/24 09:55 AM
Here's a free guitar VST with strummer and palm mute option as well as Tab player
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/4520-Ample-Guitar-M-Lite-II

[Linked Image from amplesound.net]
The guitar rhythm at the beginning of this song is nice. Which RT is more similar?

Posted By: musocity Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? - 04/24/24 03:18 AM
844 845 846 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockPopping Ev 120
A lively guitar rhythm style, with a twangy country electric guitar tone. The 'A' section plays syncopated chords, and the 'B' section plays a busier accompaniment.
Tempo range: 110 - 140 bpm
You can always find it quickly. I couldn't do it.
© PG Music Forums